1. If its twin boys I am totally going to have to take up drinking.
2. If its twin girls...I am SO screwed, I have NO idea how to take care of a girl and besides we have NO PINK!!! Which ends up meaning big $$$$$ now and into their late teens.
3. What the heck was I thinking when we said lets have just ONE more??? Be careful what you wish for...
4. What will I do when all 3 decide to have a tantrum at the store, better yet how am I going to even take 3 to a store?
5. Takes me back to the title of this post, Holy Crap...we are HAVING TWINS!
At this point I can't really think straight because my heart has started racing and I am having palpitations and my breathing has become faster, I feel a cold sweat come over me and then I have to sit down and pinch myself to wake from my terrifying dream. After a few minutes my thoughts then change too:
1. WOW...how lucky are we to be blessed with not one but two more miracles from God. Please God continue to let FB have a completely boring and uneventful pregnancy that we have had up till now.
2. Some people would totally give their right arm to be in my shoes right now.
3. Its going to be okay. I have dreamed of being a Mom since I was a little girl and I CAN DO THIS!
4. I have so much support from my fellow twin surro buddies to my amazing neighbor and Grandma of twins, Aunt Winnie and now my 'Got Twins' Facebook crew (Thanks Todd) who calm my panic attacks pretty much daily. Who could be so lucky?
5. Everyone says if you can make it through the first year the rest is truly a breeze. Heck one year ain't nothing when we tried and waited for a family for more then 4 years. This should be a piece of cake...(Ya, right who am I kidding!?!)
6. Blaze is going to be such an amazing big brother and how wonderful for the 3 of our children to be able to share not only the exact same genes, but a common bond of how they came to be a part of our very special an unique family.
7. I better get that mini-van I swore I would never buy very, very soon, cause there is no fitting 3 car seats in the back on my H3 SUV. I can totally be a cool soccer Mom!
8. We are instantly going from a family of 3 to a family of 5! Do I even remember what I did with all of my time just 2 short years ago...Nope and I totally don't care! Wouldn't change one minute of this awesome journey!!!
And the list goes on...
Yes I am scared to death that I am not going to be the very best Mother I have always dreamed of being. Just the mere thought of trying to care for 2 newborns and a toddler at the same time continues to baffle me. I am about to get a crash course very shortly. But above all else, just the fact that I can say that I AM a Mother...WOW! There truly is nothing better in the entire universe then to hear your child call you "Mommy." I am one of the lucky few to have been drug threw the infertility trenches and come out the other side with the ultimate prize in hand. Not one single day goes by that I don't look into my son's big brown beautiful eyes and smile and say a silent prayer thanking God and all the powers that be that brought him into my life, especially our incredible Doctors at Surrogacy India, Dr.Yash and Dr.Sudhir (also known as the best God Parents in the world!). Soon there will be 2 more sets of eyes and I can't think of anyone more blessed then me.
So, here they are 26 weeks in all their glory:
Twin 1 we call our tall skinny one, measuring about one week smaller than their sibling (with the exception of the femur length) and weighing in at 860 plus or minus 126 grams. Twin 2 we call our chubby one whose head and belly are bigger and is currently measuring exactly 10 grams heavier at 934 plus or minus 136 grams. So with all this info. Gerry has now changed his tune to Twin A = a girl and Twin B = a boy. Totally not fair as that was my guess from the get go.
Just a little more then 8 weeks and it won't be a surprise any more! Now we just have to come up with 4 unique baby names (boy-boy, girl-girl, boy-girl...our heads are spinning) and we better get packing as we are going to be back in India in no time!!!!